Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 9: Thing 23 (Summarize Your Thoughts About This Program)

I am finished, well, except for putting together my tracking log! UPDATE: Just realized that some of the names on my blog permalinks do not match the actual "things." When they said permalink, they meant permalink, so if I made a mistake on the "thing number"and corrected it later, it was too bad for me! Permalinks are very unforgiving! But I did them all regardless.
My thoughts are as follows:
What I enjoyed included the blogging (it was fun to design the color scheme, too), RSS feeds, online imaging generators and participating in our group wiki. I also enjoyed LibraryThing a lot (and need to get back to it to catalog my own personal library.) I found the Rollyo difficult at first and then the light bulb went on and I was able to figure it out. I am not sure how I will use it, but it reminds me of those pathfinders that we did in MSLS grad school so long ago (and pathfinders are still being talked about on LM_Net so maybe they are not so "dated" after all but just have reinvented themselves into a tech version...).
I am glad to know more about Flickr, but I am not really into photography so it was not my favorite exercise. But I may find that site more useful in the future.
Although I am not sure how much I will be "into" tagging, I am glad that I know what tagging is all about. When I see tags on YouTube (which I already knew about but enjoyed exploring further), I have a better understanding of how tags are used. But Sears and LC subject headings still work for me...why reinvent the wheel!
I really liked knowing that the online productivity tools are out there and absolutely loved looking at the award winning web 2.0 sites. I have found one of those sites very useful already in my personal life.
I am glad that I now know more about podcasts and want to get back to listening to those travel podcasts one of these days. (But somehow I think that spare time is going to be at a premium after August 26th!) The same goes for downloadable audiobooks, although I probably can check them out and burn a copy for listening while I commute to school.
Yes, I am glad that I participated in the "23 things" exercise, although I don't need the MSDE credit (although I will take it anyway...). I am also glad that the completion date was extended or I would have not finished! But I guess that the bottom line is that the many exercises expanded my knowledge base and made me think! And I had a lot of fun along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment