Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 9: Thing 22 (Learn about Downloadable Audiobooks)

I love audiobooks, so can't wait to explore this. Now how I will get these into my car, I don't know! Maybe they can be burned to a CD? More later.
Well, I'm back after taking the tour and trying out the Mac version of Overdrive. I will have to explore the possible titles available at the public library as I go along. What would work best for me would be to burn a CD and listen while driving. I can't concentrate on audiobooks while cooking or even while walking around my neighborhood. Actually, I tend to speed read and audiobooks make me appreciate the details, but I need to be trapped in my car to tune into them. I often listen to a book on audio that I have previously read. Then it is easier to get out of the car when I reach my destination! I will have to say that I have always listened to David Baldacci books on audio and now have problems concentrating on his different "voices" when I pick up one of his books. P.D. James's books are also better (IMHO) on audio because they tend to be so descriptive. But whether I borrow an audiobook from the public library or download one from this site, an audiobook is certainly a way to read at times when I just need an escape from day to day life. And it is nice to know about some more choices of platform and devices to use when optioning to "read" via audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment