Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Week 6: Thing 14 (Explore Technorati and learn how tags work)

After looking at the Technorati options (and exploring a few current topics and topics that I am interested in), all I can say is "wow!" This is why Rosanne Barr (just to use an example) said in today's Parade magazine in the T-N that she spends 4-5 hours blogging, uploading, searching, etc. One of the books that I am currently reading is called Born Digital. After just getting into the first few chapters (and looking at Technorati), it is obvious to me that there is a learning curve here or maybe a wider generation gap in the making. The teens today who almost don't remember the 20th century, were definitely born digital. I feel like that I can label myself as a Digital Settler type (not as far back as Bob N. or Carey W., but definitely one who used e-mail when it was all text, circa 1994 in my case) The lowest level of tech user, known as a Digital Immigrant, just answers e-mail and sends jokes around, according to the book, and I know people in my generation who definitely fit into that category. I wish that I had time to do some of the advanced options, but at least I know that they exist when I read about them or have a specific use for them or just the time to spend more time on the internet (and I already spend too much time on the internet!) Maybe someday I will insert the html code into my blog. Maybe someday I will even claim my blog on Technorati, but for now, it is time to move on to Thing 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment