Friday, June 19, 2009

Week 4: Thing 9 (Merlin, etc.)

I found Merlin very informative. I always wanted to work in a public library, but my path went elsewhere so it is interesting to compare our two worlds. It is also shows a contrast to see the many social networking tools that are not allowed in the public school setting. I did some searching for an obscure author (and found nothing) but will keep checking back. I don't want to be overwhelmed with newsfeeds, so I just subscribed to Merlin. It was so easy to jump from the RSS directly into bloglines as long as you stay logged in (and even if the browser is closed, you are still logged in...) I also learned about picking up reserve books at the Washington Street Branch in a new and different way. I am also wondering how this will work out, but I guess if people are going to take a 5-finger discount, they won't bother to reserve books to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment